A few technical details about this site.
- A couple of fonts are included from Typekit. and a few Fontawesome icons are used as well.
- Disqus for comments, as below.
- Repsonsive by way of a single @media query to change the position of the content relative to its title.
- Uses LESS for more consistent CSS and easier writing.
- Generated by Jekyll as static files.
- Assets are concatanated, minified, and md5s added to filenames, to allow far-future expires / age headers on assets, by Jekyll Assets.
- Hosted on Amazon S3 in Ireland, uploaded by s3_website, gzipping as much content as possible.
- Uses AWS Cloudfront as CDN, just in case this is ever popular far from Ireland :-). This includes serving the HTML through the CDN, whose filenames don't change and so I'm invalidating any changed HTML on uploade automatically using s3_website.
- The DNS for charemza.name is hosted by Amazon Route 53. Their ALIAS records allow the content on the root domain charemza.name, without the www, to be fronted by the CloudFront CDN.
- My email for firstname.lastname@example.org is hosted by Google Apps for Business.
- Git, available at https://github.com/michalc/blog.
Running a simple test from LoadImpact, from Singapore, shows:
- The first loads are quite slow, at 2 seconds. I assume the local CloudFront location is empty.
- The later requests hover at 20ms. Not too shabby.